Personal Injury Lawyers in Arizona & New Mexico
An injury can be a life-changing event, impacting multiple areas of your life. Certain injuries and circumstances may absolutely take over our finances, work life, medical visits, personal life, and social experiences. If you've sustained an injury as the result of another's negligence or intentional act, you know this fact all too well. While nothing can erase the pain and challenges an injury may have brought on, having the right personal injury lawyer by your side throughout the process can make things easier and help you get the legal justice and compensation you need to get your life back.
If you have medical bills piling up on your counter, are unable to work to pay those bills, and see no end in sight, please give our personal injury lawyers in Arizona and New Mexico a call today. Call or text us at 602-345-1818 to set up a free initial consultation. You may also fill out the confidential and convenient contact form on the right side of this page, and we will reach out to you to set up your initial consultation. You aren't alone in this; we're here for you when you need someone to fight to protect your future.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
At Impact Legal, we handle a variety of personal injury cases, allowing our clients to seek legal remedies that help them to pay their bills and ultimately get back on the road to recovery. Some of our primary types of personal injury cases include:
- Car Accidents - Auto accidents can knock you off your literal and financial feet. If you've been hurt in an accident due to someone else's negligent driving, you are eligible to seek legal compensation in order to become “whole” again.
- Semi-Truck Accidents - Accidents that involve big trucks can be especially disastrous, resulting in severe injury or even death. Don't let a big truck company's team of lawyers and insurance adjusters intimidate you. Call a skilled semi-truck accident lawyer to level the negotiation tables for you.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Riding a motorcycle is an exhilarating experience. Unfortunately, these types of accidents can be devastating and financially serious, as severe injury is more likely for motorcyclists in accidents. Let us help you get back up after a devastating bike crash.
- Bus Accidents - These incidents can be legally complex. You're dealing with a large vehicle crash, which can cause grave injuries, and on top of that, you're likely dealing with huge companies or government entities. Hiring a bus crash lawyer to help you navigate the legal complexity of these types of incidents is advisable.
- Boating Accidents - Don't let a boat crash create a mountain of expenses for you. Having a boating accident lawyer on speed dial can help you get the compensation you need to set sail again.
Depending on the facts of your case, it could fall into a few different personal injury categories, including accidental events (example: a negligent driver runs a red light and accidentally hits you, totaling your car), intentional acts (example: someone jumps you while walking home, leaving you with severe injuries), or defective products (example: a car manufacturing error caused an accident, which left you injured).
If you've suffered injuries within any of the above categories, call Impact Legal today, and we'll review the facts of your case and let you know your legal options.
Potential Compensation for Your Case
The purpose of a personal injury lawsuit is to make you “whole” again. Injuries come with a multitude of expenses that don't end with the accident or incident that initially caused them. Sometimes injuries make it impossible for you to work, resulting in lost wages or loss of earning capacity. Sometimes injuries are so severe that medical bills multiply leaving plaintiffs to undergo surgery, schedule follow-up appointments, receive rehabilitation or physical therapy, etc.
Frequently, the financial implications (economic damages) aren't the only concerns. Sometimes personal injuries come with non-monetary damages, like emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment of life, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety and depression, etc.
Personal injury legal compensation depends on the details of the case, but personal injury damages may include the following:
Economic Damages - Financial damages sustained:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Home modification expenses (related to your injury)
- Home cleaning or maintenance costs (if you are unable to maintain your home because of your injury)
- Medication costs
Non-Economic Damages - Non-monetary damages sustained:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Severe physical pain
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
Sometimes, punitive damages will also be rewarded in an effort to punish and dissuade defendants from future actions that are especially negligent and harmful to society.
The Steps of a Personal Injury Claim
Many people put off calling a personal injury lawyer because they don't understand the process. The fear of uncertainty may cost would-be plaintiffs a lot of money. At Impact Legal, our lawyers are with you every step of the way, keeping you updated on the latest happenings in your case. These are the typical steps of a personal injury case:
- Free consultation with Impact Legal - Once you set this up by calling or texting us at 602-345-1818, or filling out our online form, we will set up a time to review the facts of your case, review any related documentation, and advise you on the legal direction we think you should take. We pride ourselves on technological savvy and accessibility to all of our clients, so we do virtual consultations, too. Be sure to ask about virtual meetings if you'd prefer.
- Development of your legal strategy - Step 2 is all about due diligence. We'll collect all of the evidence, documentation, etc associated with your claim to build a strong strategy to get you the appropriate settlement.
- Settlement negotiations - Before we file a lawsuit, we'll compile necessary documents from the strategy we develop in step 2 and begin communication and negotiation with the insurance company to give them a chance to pay your financial damages without going to court. Usually, your injury lawyer will be able to secure an appropriate settlement for you during step 3. However, if the insurance company is being unreasonable or unfair, we will take it to step 4.
- Filing suit - In this step, we'll officially file your lawsuit to get you the best possible outcome.
- Discovery - In this step, we will request all evidence from the other side that may support your claim.
- Trial - Frequently, it doesn't get to this step, but if a reasonable settlement cannot be reached outside of court, your case will go to a judge and jury to decide.
Every case is different, and we will try our best to get it settled for you in the beginning steps. However, if need be, we will fight for you in court.
Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Arizona & New Mexico
If you need someone to stand up for your rights and help you get back on the road to becoming “whole” again, Impact Legal is the personal injury law firm for you. Whether you've been in a life-altering car accident or sustained injuries in a collision with a commercial truck, we've got the experience and skill you need to secure the legal justice you deserve. Our personal injury lawyers in Arizona and New Mexico are one text away. Contact us at 602-345-1818, or fill out the contact form on this page, and we'll reach out to you.