phoenix Personal Injury Lawyers
Meet the Attorney
phoenix Personal Injury Attorneys
Arizona's capital city, Phoenix, is home to more than 1.6 million people. It is the fifth-largest city in the United States and the most populous capital in the U.S. Known for its year-round sun and warm temperatures, the Greater Phoenix Area also draws an annual average of 19 million visitors. Unfortunately, injuries strike thousands of people here each year.
An injury in Phoenix may result in chronic pain, disability, changes in quality of life, and even premature death. Whether it results from a car accident, slip and fall, or any other unfortunate incident, such situations often leave individuals feeling overwhelmed and uncertain about their next steps.
If you or a loved one was injured due to someone else's negligence in Phoenix, the right personal injury lawyer can seek justice and fair compensation.
The experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyers at Impact Legal can help. We want to make this important decision as easy to understand as possible, ensuring you have the information you need to make an informed choice during this difficult time. Call us today at (602) 345-1818.
Phoenix Personal Injury Guide
1. TYPES OF PHOENIX PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS WE HANDLE
2. OUR PHOENIX OFFICE LOCATION AND HEADQUARTERS
3. TYPICAL PERSONAL INJURY INCIDENTS IN PHOENIX
4. HOW CAN A LAWYER HELP ME AFTER A PERSONAL INJURY IN PHOENIX?
5. TYPES OF INJURIES THAT MAY QUALIFY FOR A PERSONAL INJURY LAWSUIT
6. CONTACT IMPACT LEGAL TODAY
Why Choose Impact Legal for Your Phoenix Personal Injury Claim?
You must select the right legal representation for your personal injury claim in Phoenix.
At Impact Legal, we pride ourselves on serving as the compassionate and professional advocates you need during this challenging time.
We help those who were injured due to the negligence of others, and our commitment to clarity and ease of understanding sets us apart.
With our deep roots in Phoenix, we understand the local legal landscape, which can significantly benefit your case. We prioritize your well-being and are dedicated to supporting you on your road to recovery. Our experienced team of personal injury attorneys in Phoenix has a history of successfully securing compensation for our clients.
Contact us today for your free consultation. We will review your unique case to determine if you have a personal injury claim or wrongful death case. We are here to provide the support you deserve throughout your personal injury claim journey in Phoenix.
Types of Phoenix Personal Injury Claims We Handle
Our Phoenix Office Location and Headquarters
Impact Legal Car Accident Attorneys is at 16202 North Cave Creek Road, Suite D, Phoenix, AZ 85032. You can call us at (602) 345-1818 to meet with one of our personal injury attorneys and discuss your claim.
Phoenix Accident Statistics
Phoenix, Arizona, is located in Maricopa County. According to the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS), about 225,000 non-fatal area emergency department visits stem from injuries each year. During the reporting period, hospitals admitted nearly 25,000 people for injuries. More than 2,500 died from injuries in the Phoenix area.
Falls accounted for the majority of unintentional injury-related deaths tracked by AZDHS, at 32 percent. The City of Phoenix reported the most fall deaths in Maricopa County.
Motor vehicle accidents account for 22 percent of injury-related deaths in the Phoenix area. Pedestrians were the most reported victims of traffic-related accidents, followed by motorcyclists, motor vehicle occupants, and bicyclists. Other injury-related deaths in the Phoenix area come from poisoning, suffocation, drowning, nature/environmental, and other land transport.
Statewide, the Arizona Department of Health Services oversees the trauma system and compiles an annual report of traumatic injuries and related deaths. The most recent report confirmed falls accounted for the most traumatic injuries and deaths in Arizona, with 30,788 injuries and 611 deaths. Other leading causes of traumatic deaths were motor vehicle accidents and firearms.
The City of Phoenix covers 500 square miles and averages 85 traffic crashes daily, according to the City of Phoenix Transportation Department. They also report an average of one fatal crash every other day.
Statewide, in its most recent crash facts summary, the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) reported 119,991 traffic crashes. These crashes resulted in 35,878 injuries and 1,178 deaths. Phoenix led the state with 38,331 crashes, 282 fatalities, and 10,668 injuries.
ADOT noted that this means approximately 3.55 people die in traffic accidents in the state every day, and traffic crashes injure about 144 people daily. In the reporting period, 16.05 percent of all pedestrian crashes and 4.06 percent of bicycle crashes killed their victims statewide.
Typical Personal Injury Incidents in Phoenix
Accident statistics indicate the leading cause of injury-related deaths in the Greater Phoenix Area is falls, followed closely by traffic accidents.
Slip and fall accidents can happen in public places, restaurants, or stores due to unsafe conditions like wet floors, uneven surfaces, or inadequate maintenance. Falls are also one of the top four deadliest construction site accidents.
More than 200,000 people visit the emergency room annually for injuries, and over 2,500 die from accidents in the Phoenix area.
In addition to falls and vehicle crashes, common types of personal injuries include:
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents: The city's layout and weather make it popular for cyclists and pedestrians, but vehicle accidents can result in injuries.
- Dog Bites: Incidents involving aggressive or unrestrained dogs can lead to personal injuries, and dog owners can be held liable.
- Product Liability: Injuries caused by defective or unsafe products sold in the marketplace.
- Premises Liability: Property owners can be held responsible for injuries caused by hazards on their premises, such as poor maintenance or lack of security.
- Construction Accidents: Given the ongoing construction in Phoenix, accidents at construction sites are not uncommon.
- Workplace Injuries: Accidents at construction sites, factories, or offices due to unsafe conditions or employer negligence are common personal injury cases.
If any of these accidents injured you, consult a personal injury attorney in Phoenix to assess your legal options and seek compensation for your injuries and losses.
How Can a Lawyer Help Me After a Personal Injury in Phoenix?
A lawyer can provide invaluable assistance after a personal injury in Phoenix by guiding you through the legal process and working to protect your rights. Personal injury lawyers have a deep understanding of Arizona's laws and regulations. They can assess the unique circumstances of your case and provide skilled legal advice.
Here are some other ways we can help you:
- Investigation: Your lawyer can thoroughly investigate to gather evidence supporting your claim. This may include obtaining witness statements, medical records, accident reports, and more.
- Determining Liability: Your attorney will work to establish responsibility for your injuries. You must do this to pursue compensation.
- Negotiation: Personal injury attorneys are skilled negotiators. We can engage with insurance companies and at-fault parties to seek a fair settlement that covers your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, your lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf. If your case goes to trial, your attorney will represent you, presenting your case effectively to the judge and jury.
- Managing Paperwork: Personal injury cases involve a substantial amount of paperwork. Your lawyer will handle this administrative burden, meeting all deadlines.
- Maximizing Compensation: Attorneys are experienced in quantifying damages. We will work to ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible, including both economic and non-economic damages.
- Support and Guidance: A compassionate attorney can provide emotional support during a challenging time. We will explain the legal process and answer your questions.
- Contingency Fees: Impact Legal works on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay us if we win your case. This makes legal representation accessible to those who might not otherwise afford it.
Having a knowledgeable and compassionate personal injury lawyer in Phoenix can significantly improve your ability to recover and move forward after an injury. We are dedicated to helping you secure the compensation you deserve.
Types of Injuries That May Qualify for a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Personal injury attorneys see a wide variety of injuries resulting from the negligent actions of others.
Our clients most commonly contact us with the following types of serious injuries:
- Whiplash: Often associated with car accidents, whiplash is a neck injury caused by sudden, forceful movements.
- Fractures: Broken bones are a common result of accidents, whether from falls, car crashes, or workplace incidents.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These include injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): TBIs can range from concussions to severe brain damage and commonly occur in car accidents, falls, and sports incidents. Always seek medical attention for any head injury.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or loss of motor function, often resulting from accidents like falls or vehicle collisions.
- Burn Injuries: Burns can occur in fires, chemical accidents, or other incidents and may lead to severe scarring and disability.
- Scarring and Disfigurement: Severe scarring and disfigurement, often due to burns or injuries requiring surgery, can result in personal injury claims.
- Amputations: The loss of limbs or extremities can occur in accidents involving heavy machinery, explosions, or severe trauma.
- Internal Injuries: Injuries to internal organs, such as the spleen or liver, can result from blunt force trauma.
- Emotional Distress: Some personal injury claims include emotional distress or psychological trauma, especially in cases of intentional harm or severe accidents.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): This mental health condition can develop after traumatic events, such as car accidents or physical assaults, and may be included in personal injury claims.
- Wrongful Death: When someone loses their life due to another's negligence or intentional actions, their surviving family members may file a wrongful death claim.
These are just some common injuries that can lead to personal injury claims.
After an accident, seek medical attention immediately, even if your injuries don’t seem severe. Traumatic brain injuries or internal injuries do not always immediately appear.
A physician also establishes an official medical record connected to the accident. You need this documentation if you file a personal injury claim or wrongful death lawsuit later.
An experienced personal injury attorney can assess your case and explore your options for seeking compensation and justice.
How Much Is My Phoenix Personal Injury Claim Worth?
The value of your Phoenix personal injury claim depends on several factors, making it challenging to provide an exact amount without a thorough evaluation.
Some key factors that can influence the worth of your claim include:
- Extent of Injuries: The severity of your injuries, the medical treatments they require, and the expected long-term impact on your life all play a significant role in determining the value of your claim.
- Medical Expenses: Your claim should encompass all current and future medical expenses, including hospital bills, surgeries, rehabilitation, and ongoing care.
- Lost Wages: If your injury has caused you to miss work, your claim should include compensation for lost income and potentially reduced future earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and loss of quality of life, can significantly contribute to the overall value of your claim.
- Property Damage: If your claim is related to a motor vehicle accident, your claim can pay for property damage to your vehicle and personal belongings.
- Liability: The extent to which the other party caused your injuries can affect the value of your claim. If their negligence is clear, you may recover more compensation.
- Insurance Coverage: The insurance policies involved, including those of the at-fault party and your own, can influence the available compensation.
To determine the specific worth of your personal injury claim, consult an experienced attorney who can evaluate your case, consider all the relevant factors, and pursue the compensation you rightfully deserve. Each case is unique, and your circumstances will dictate the value of your claim.
An experienced personal injury attorney can negotiate a higher settlement, increasing the value of your claim.
Your Phoenix personal injury lawyers also know the state and local laws that may affect your claim. For example, the Arizona Statute of Limitations sets a two-year time limit for filing most personal injury claims. Failing to file within this timeframe can zero out your claim's value.
Contact Impact Legal Today
If someone else's negligence injured you, don't wait to seek the legal support you deserve. Contact the experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyers at Impact Legal today, and let us guide you on the path to recovery and justice. Our compassionate and professional team is here to help you through this challenging time.
Your future matters, and we're dedicated to securing the compensation you need. Reach out to us now and take the first step toward a brighter tomorrow. We prioritize your well-being, and we're just a call away.
Proudly serving Arizona and New Mexico, we are here to help you get back to the life you love. Our personal injury lawyers are a call or text away. Contact us at (602) 345-1818 or fill out the contact form on this website, and we'll contact you.